Community Organiser – Full Time 37 hours
Salary – £20,661 per annum – Permanent
Rotherham Federation are seeking a Community Organiser to join their team to support Rotherham communities to grow and develop, working with them to building their sense of belonging, community pride and spirit.
- To support the empowerment of under-represented groups within local communities, enhancing community cohesion and collaborative working
- To support community groups to develop, enabling project development and training opportunities in local communities
- To increase community influence in decision making within Rotherham supporting individuals and groups to identify issues, needs and problems and help resolve them
- To enable increased community activity and engagement both locally within communities and with Rotherham Federation through listening’s, building networks and fostering leadership and resident-led action.
- Provide personal support to individual volunteers within communities
- To deliver and report on specific targets and outputs as determined by funding requirements
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in community work and in supporting community groups with their development.
For further details and to request an application pack, please contact: Sarah Fletcher on 01709 368515 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 8thth September 2019, with the assessment day including panel interviews held on 11th September 2019.
Applicants that have been shortlisted will be contacted on the 9th September to be invited to the assessment/interview day.
Successful candidates will have a DBS check carried out.
Appointment will be subject to suitable references.