Rotherham Federation of Communities Ltd is a registered charity (number 1158600) and company limited by guarantee (number 5913521).
This privacy statement sets out how Rotherham Federation uses and protects any information that you give us when you use our website.
Rotherham Federation is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Know your rights
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 you have the following rights:
1. The right to be informed
2. The right of access
3. The right to rectification
4. The right to erasure
5. The right to restrict processing
6. The right to data portability
7. The right to object
8. Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
For full details on your rights and current laws please visit the Information Commissioners Office website here.
What information do we collect about you?
Any information you provide will be carefully protected and stored on our secure database.
We may collect and process the following information about you:
• Information including your name, address, job title and function, organisation, email address, telephone number, fax number, and other related details.
• Information that you provide voluntarily on our websites. This includes information provided at the time of registering to our site, subscription to our services, posting or contributing material to our websites or requesting further services via our websites.
• A record of our contact with you through all mediums i.e. online, in person, by telephone, fax, etc.
• We will keep data for as long as is needed to complete the task for which it was collected. Relationships between Rotherham Federation and its funders are often long term, and so we expect to keep your data for as long as that relationship exists, or until we no longer need it.
How will we use the information about you?
Personal information which you supply to us will be used to provide you with information, products and services that you request from us, this could be:
• to book you a place on one of our training courses, workshops, or tenant meetings.
• to be referred to one of our community support projects such as Friendship Calls or Making Our Money Go Further
• to process your membership with Rotherham Federation
• to add your groups details to the website
We will not sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to anyone unless we are required to do so by law.
We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email, phone, or post unless you have given your prior consent.
You can change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us.
How do we keep your information secure?
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Our websites use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates to verify our identity to your browser and to encrypt any data you give us.
We may send communications to you by email. Email is not a fully secure means of communication and whilst we do our upmost to keep our systems and communications protected, we cannot guarantee this.
How can you access and update your information?
The accuracy of your information is important to us. If you change email address, or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please contact us
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information Rotherham Federation hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to: Springwell Gardens Community Centre, Eastwood View. S65 1NH
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Changes to our privacy statement
We keep our privacy statement under regular review, and we will place any updates on this webpage.
This privacy statement was last updated on 11th November 2020.
How to contact us
Please contact us if you have any questions about our privacy statement or information, we hold about you:
• by email – firstname.lastname@example.org
• or write to us at Springwell Gardens Community Centre, Eastwood View. S65 1NH