Befriending Co-Ordinator – Full Time 37 hours
Salary – £21,700 per annum – 12-month contract initially
Rotherham Federation are seeking an experienced Befriending Co-Ordinator to join their team to support Rotherham communities to grow and develop, working with local people to building their sense of belonging, community pride and spirit.
- Work alongside the Rotherfed Volunteer Co-ordinator to deliver training and mentoring of befriending volunteers.
- To develop and maintain administrative systems to support the effective functioning of the project.
- To be responsible for updating the database and other recording systems as appropriate, ensuring project outcome and outputs are captured.
- Promote befriending volunteering (internally and externally) through recruitment and publicity strategies and campaigns.
- Help organise profile-raising events to attract new befriending volunteers.
- Interview and recruit befriending volunteers and ensure they are appropriately matched and trained for a position.
- Organise volunteer rotas and provide induction and training.
- Celebrate volunteering by nominating volunteers for awards and organise celebration events.
- Offer advice and information to befriending volunteers and external organisations through face-to-face, telephone and email contact.
- Manage budgets and resources, including the reimbursement of befriending volunteer expenses.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 1 years’ experience in recruiting, managing, and working with volunteers. 1 years’ experience of training, mentoring, and developing volunteers
For further details and to request an application pack, please contact: Sarah Fletcher on 07538 625113 or email email@example.com. The closing date for applications is 4th September 2020 at 10am with interviews held on Wednesday 9th September 2020.
Applicants that have been shortlisted will be contacted on the 4th September 2020 to be invited to an interview. Due to current Coronavirus (COVID-19) restrictions we are following Government advice, and this will result in interviews being held via online methods such as “Zoom” or “Teams”.
As stated above this is a 12-month contract initially, however Rotherham Federation are looking to make this a permanent role going forward, funding permitting.
Successful candidates will have a DBS check carried out.
Appointment will be subject to suitable references.