- This event has passed.
New Friends Rotherham
13th February 2018 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
This event, organised by British Red Cross and hosted by The Mayor of Rotherham, Cllr Eve Rose Keenan, will provide people who are lonely, their carers, friends and anyone else that provides support to people who may be lonely with information on the support and services available in Rotherham.
Tuesday 13th February 2018, 2.00pm – 4.00 pm at Rotherham Town Hall (John Smiths Room). Tea/coffee will be available at 2.00 pm.
There will be 9 organisations represented at the event, all who can provide some support or services to lonely people:
- AgeUK – representing older peoples service’s and Rotherham Older Peoples Forum – (support group for older people in Rotherham)
- Rotherham Military Community Veteran’s Centre
- The Rainbow Project – Rotherham LGTG Group
- REMA – Rotherham Ethnic Minority Association
- POP’s – Rotherham Community Hub at Rawmarsh – (representing younger up to older people’s support services)
- Rotherfed – representing Tennants and Residents Associations
- Rotherham Community Transport
- Crossroads – Carers Organisation
- And, of course, The Red Cross
This event is for:
- People who are lonely
- People/professionals who work with lonely people who would like to know what is happening in Rotherham
- People who know someone who is lonely and would like information to help them
- People who wish to become volunteers to help lonely people
- 2pm The Mayor will open the event with a welcome speech, this will be followed by a short introduction to the event by The British Red Cross
- 2.10pm Short talks from each organisation showcasing the work they do in respect of loneliness in Rotherham.
- 3pm There will be a break for tea/coffee with a short performance by Open Minds Theatre Group about loneliness for disabled people.
- 3.30pm – Each organisation will provide a ‘case study’ to show what a difference they have made via their services (ending on a positive note).
- 3.50pm – Event closure by Red Cross