Community Support Worker – Full Time 37 hours
Salary – £21,700 per annum. 12-month contract
Rotherham Federation are seeking a Community Support Worker to join their team to support Rotherham communities to grow and develop, working with them to building their sense of belonging, community pride and spirit.
- To support community development, increased community activity and engagement both locally within communities and with Rotherham Federation through one-to-one listening, building networks and fostering leadership and resident-led action.
- To support the empowerment of under-represented groups within local communities, enhancing community cohesion and collaborative working, encouraging and coaching people to become more involved in their communities.
- To support community groups to develop, enabling project development and training opportunities for local people.
- To support new and existing groups to operate safely and securely as Covid restrictions ease and community activities are re-established.
- To increase community influence in decision making within Rotherham supporting individuals and groups to identify community issues, needs and problems and help resolve them.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in community work and in supporting community groups with their development.
For further details and to request an application pack, please contact Sarah Fletcher on 01709 368515 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 19TH March 2021 at 10am with the interviews held on 23RD March.
Applicants that have been shortlisted will be contacted on the 19th of March to be invited to an interview.
Due to current Coronavirus (COVID-19) restrictions we are following Government advice, and this will result in interviews being held virtually vis Zoom or Microsoft Teams.
As stated above this is a 12-month contract initially, however Rotherham Federation are looking to make this a permanent role going forward, funding permitting.
Successful candidates will have a DBS check carried out.
Appointment will be subject to suitable references.