Keen to get the communities of Rotherham engaging with one another, Rotherham Federation offered grants to Community Groups/Tenants and Residents Associations, up to £200 for a project in their local area.
After a fantastic response we are delighted to announce that £2161.97 was issued to 11 TARAS/Community Groups around Rotherham, all of which will be used to bring their local community together.
Community Groups/TARAs who applied and were successful are:
- Aston Carnival £200
- Canklow Rainbow Kids Club £200
- Hellaby Community Project £200
- High Nook TARA £200
- Friends of the Rotherham African Drummers £200
- Bakersfield Court TARA £200
- The Lings Monday Club £200
- Friends of Turner Close £175
- Greenside Residents Association £200
- Oaktrees TARA £200
- Rotherham Pride £186.97
Rotherham Federation’s Company Secretary Mr Terry Adair said “Without these grants the smaller groups wouldn’t be able to flourish or deliver their projects, this is so important to them by creating & building community spirit. Giving them their own autonomy & recognition to achieve their target”